- Frozen Honekiri Hamo [Item Number: 73960-1], defrosted
- Bainiku [Item Number: 60823]
- Shiso leaf, optional
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Fill a bowl with water and ice.
- Blanche Hamo few slices at a time. Once the flesh curls, quickly submerge in ice bath and pat dry with paper towel.
- On a plate, lay a piece of shiso leaf and plate hamo. Serve with Bainiku.
Hamo is a challenging fish to clean due to its thick and heavy bones distributed throughout the fish. In Japan, chefs prep the fish by thinly slicing the bones, a time consuming process called honegiri .
This item is already pre-cleaned and individually sliced for convenience and ease of use.
Item Number: 73960-1
Package: 24/1.1lbs (about 22pcs)
Bainiku is made from mashing pitted umeboshi. Great as a toppings or mixed in a sauce.
Item Number: 60823